Friday, April 11, 2008

Gay Table Settings

I am thinking of the correct way for gay men in Central Europe to set the table.
I think textiles are required. Tablecloth or place mats and, of course, always cloth napkins. With monogram, one letter, the first letter of the last name, or the first letter of the first name, to be humorous.

White tablecloth. Place mats can be colored.

Porcelain. Everyday and special occasion.

For special occasion, Herend is too gay. Its symbolism is Hungarian aristocracy and matriarchs. Matriarchs and gay men work together. I will have to think about how Hungarian aristocracy works with eroticism. I think, though, there is a clear connection between Austria and eroticism.

I know that Rosenthal and Meissen and Villeroy & Boch are not Austrian, but I still think they could work, especially Rosenthal. Villeroy & Boch is too mainstream bourgeoisie as in a wedding gift. Meissen is exquisite and for the serious collector. It is so bourgeoisie Central Europe that it is beyond bourgeoisie Central Europe and symbolizes the best of the place and people, like secessionist architecture. Rosenthal has a cool edge. It can be very plain or slightly decorative.

Rosenthal has some Versace designs, and that is very cool for Central European men. It says, I am not over the top gay and flamboyant, I have taste, and I like nice things. I like to reinterpret traditions.

No comments: